Scanogen is looking for a motivated and skilled mechanical engineer to join our R&D team. We are a rapidly growing start-up company developing a nucleic acid detection platform that will dramatically improve the diagnosis of some important diseases. We need highly driven and inventive individuals.
• Collaborate with internal and external development engineers in the design of a custom diagnostic consumable and instrument.
• Coordinate with external machine shops and molding vendors for design and transition to manufacturing.
• Understand the needs of the life science aspect of the system and design mechanical solutions to produce an effective systems level product.
• Minimum of a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering degree.
• Minimum of 5 years of medical and/or life sciences product development experience.
• Demonstrated ability to develop innovative designs from a list of product requirements and to transfer them to production.
• Thorough understanding of conceptual design, design refinement, rapid prototyping methods and design for manufacturing.
• Proficiency with SolidWorks or similar CAD software.
• Experience in at least one programming language, such as C/C++, MATLAB, or Python.
• Understanding and compliance with FDA and ISO 13485 design controls.
• Efficient working practices and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven ability to work in a collaborative work environment with other engineer and life science colleagues.
Benefits are provided, including health insurance and 401k with company matching.